Pineut Vegan Cheese
Say… Vegan Cheese!
Never thought we'd say this; but vegan cheese made from cashew nuts rocks! Not only is it great for humans and animals, it is also very tasty! And you can easily make it yourself in your own kitchen. There is no livestock farming, milking machine, steaming cow pie or emission involved. It's just a matter of sustainable nuts, a little patience, a food processor and digging in.
Our cashew nuts are a bit broken. Just a bit! By using ‘broken’ cashews we add value to a residual flow from the farmer in Burkina Faso. The cashews come straight from Burkina Faso to the Netherlands, with a fair price for the farmer.
How to make it?
- Soak the cashews in water overnight. Drain and pat dry with a tea towel.
- Place the cashew nuts in a food processor and add the contents of the bag, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of (apple cider) vinegar.
- Let the food processor run for at least 3 minutes until the mix is nice and smooth. Too thick? Add a teaspoon of water.
Delicious on a cracker! Store in the fridge. Consume within 5 days.
- cashew nuts, nutritional yeast and chives
- add yourself:
- 1 teaspoon vinegar of your choice and a pinch of salt
- netto weight:
- 105 g
- nutritional value:
- energy: 2455 kJ / 591 kcal, fat: 45 g, of which saturated fatty acids: 8,2 g, carbohydrates: 21 g, of which sugars: 5,05 g, protein: 22 g, dietary fibre: 5,06 g, salt: 0,44 g
There are no reviews written yet about this product..