Pineut Banana Bread
A better environment starts with you
And what better way to contribute than by baking banana bread with dark chocolate?! It may sound bananas, but it's true. Every year, millions of slightly overripe bananas disappear into the bin. While at that moment they are actually perfectly ripe for ... the baking tray. Dark spots? Predominantly brown? Almost black? Pick that one! The riper, the sweeter. The sweeter, the better for baking your own banana bread. Delicious with coffee or as a nutritious and responsible snack.
How to make it?
- Preheat the oven to 175℃ (electric) or to 160℃ (convection)
- Mash 2 bananas with a fork and mix in 2 eggs and the butter.
- Add the contents of the bottle and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Nuts about nuts? Then add a handful of roughly chopped nuts for an extra filled loaf.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased cake tin. Cut the last banana lengthwise and place on the bread.
- Place the tin in the centre of the oven for 60 - 70 minutes. Check the cake a couple of times with a skewer. If batter still sticks to the skewer, leave it to bake a bit more. When the skewer comes out clean, the cake is ready. Please note that the stated baking times are guidelines and may differ per oven.
Crazy about nuts? Add a handful of coarsely chopped nuts to the batter for a bulked out bread!
Vegan variation tip
Prefer vegan? Easy PEAsy! Substitute the butter for an equal amount of margarine and the eggs for a chia seed paste (1 tablespoon of chia soaked in 3 tablespoons of water equals 1 egg).
- self-raising flour (WHEAT flour, E500, E503, E450), cane sugar, OATS and chocolate callets dark (14%) (56% cocoa) (cocoa mass; sugar; cocoa butter; emulsifier: SOY lecithin; natural vanilla flavour)
- Add yourself:
- (over)ripe bananas, melted butter, eggs and a dash of salt (to taste)
- Netto weight:
- 340 g
- Nutritional value per 100g:
- energy: 1656 kJ / 394 kcal, fat: 7,47 g, of which saturated fatty acids: 3,40 g, carbohydrates: 68 g, of which sugars: 18 g, protein: 11 g, salt: 0,31 g
- Serving tip:
- Crazy about nuts? Add a handful of coarsely chopped nuts to the batter for a bulked out bread!
There are no reviews written yet about this product..